Issue 446: 1 / 23 / 2013
The 2013 Partnership Promise
If you chose the Partnership PPO health insurance for BlueCross/BlueShield or Cigna, you must commit to complete the 2013 Partnership Promise as outlined below.
All members and covered spouses must:
- Complete the online Healthways Well-Being Assessment™ (health questionnaire) by March 15, 2013.
- Engage in one (1) ParTNers for Health wellness activity by July 15, 2013.
- Keep your contact information current with your employer.
Members and covered spouses who use tobacco must also:
- Engage in the tobacco cessation program if you are a tobacco user.
Members and covered spouses identified as at risk by Healthways must also:
- Complete a biometric screening at your health care provider's office between July 15, 2012, and July 15, 2013.
- Participate in health coaching.
Members and covered spouses identified for case management by BlueCross/Blue Shield, Cigna or Magellan must also:
- Participate in case management.
Note: If it is unreasonably difficult because of a medical or mental health condition for you to achieve the standards to fulfill the Partnership Promise, or if it is medically inadvisable for you to attempt to fulfill the Partnership Promise, call our ParTNers for Health Wellness Program at 1-888-741-3390, and they will work with you to develop an alternate way to fulfill the Promise.
A health screening for all members is not required in 2013.
New employees (hired on or after January 1, 2013) will be required to complete the online Well-Being Assessment and screening within 120 days of their insurance coverage effective date. Both you and your covered spouse must meet the 2013 Partnership Promise requirements to remain eligible for the Partnership PPO in 2014.
All members enrolled in the Partnership PPO must fulfill the Partnership Promise even if the Partnership PPO is not the primary insurance plan. Children do not have to meet the requirements of the Partnership Promise.