Issue 450: 2 / 18 / 2013
Southwest Hosts the African-American Read-In
Southwest will host its 2013 African-American Read-In at noon on February 25 at all of the college’s locations. This is a come-and-go or drop-in event so stop by and listen to students and faculty read excerpts from the works of their favorite African-American writers and speakers.
The faculty is asked to encourage students to participate and help make this a great success.
Volunteers are invited to read selections by contacting the event coordinators at the following locations:
- Gill Center, Library: Ron Claxton at (901) 333-5970 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Union Avenue Campus, Parrish Bld. Rm.-100: MaLinda Wade at (901) 333-5357 or email@example.com
- Maxine A. Smith Center, Library: Marcia Hunter at (901) 333-6062 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitehaven Center, Student Break Rm.: Verneta Boone at (901) 333-6461 or email@example.com
- Macon Cove Campus Academic Building C-195 (Presentation Theatre): Lisa Coleman at (901) 333-4403 or firstname.lastname@example.org; and Jane Harris at (901) 333-4246 or email@example.com
You may go to the library for resources.